Thursday, April 16, 2020

26A- Celebrating Failure

One time I failed this semester was when I performed poorly on an interview. I spent a lot of time on my application and it was out of state so I had to spend a lot of money on the flight and hotel. I did not answer the questions very well and I probably did not sound confident enough. It was disappointing to spend that much money and time and have an unsuccessful interview, but it was a great learning experience. I then interviewed at another place after thinking about how I can improve, and it went very well. This experience has taught me that sometimes you are just going to have bad days and you need to take the time to focus on how you can improve after a failure.

I like to think of failure as an opportunity to get better. There have been multiple classes at UF that I have done poorly on the first exam and I need to meet with the professor or other students to see how I can improve for the next exam. I think this class has helped me with failure because of all the interviews. A lot of time strangers do not want to talk and it makes you care less about what people think of you. I would say I am more likely to take risks after taking this class because I have heard so many success stories of people who have taken risks and succeeded.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric!
    I think your take on failure is spot on. Your interview scenario really showed you the outcome of not trying your hardest and I'm glad to read that you had an opportunity to try again elsewhere. Of course, it stinks that you put so much money and time into your first interview, but it seems like the lessons you learned were worth it. I agree with you that failure is an opportunity to get better. I think that it is important to look at failure as a stepping stone and one of the reasons why you will one day be so great at the things you strive to learn now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric!
    though it is never fun reading about other people's failures, it is interesting know that other people do fail. I am sorry that your interview didn't go well, but I am glad that you were able to learn from it and see it an an opportunity to improve. I am glad that the second interview went better and wish you the best of luck in future ventures

    ReplyDelete