Saturday, April 25, 2020

30A- Final Reflection

1. Looking back at my previous posts I see how much I have grown as an entrepreneur. There were a lot of high moments that I will talk about below. The moments I dreaded were taking the Cupcake quizzes. For the most part I did well and the lectures were very interesting to watch. But a few times I would get a .2 or .4 and it was not ideal. Overall, I am extremely glad I took this course and it allowed me to be creative and receive honest feedback, which is not the case for a lot of other classes.

2. The most formative experiences were the elevator pitches. I will remember these for a long time because it allowed me to improve my selling ability. The feedback from my peers were very helpful and honest. The best part was that we did the elevator pitch 3 times and each time I improved. In most school assignments, we do something, get a grade, and then move on. Here, we were able to take the time to really improve and receive feedback. The most joyous experience was creating my idea. I think my idea is very unique and would work. Unfortunately, it is more of a marketing strategy that a grocery store could use instead of its own business. I am most proud of completing mostly all of the assignments. When I first looked at the syllabus I saw 2-3 assignments a week and I was taking 20 credits, so I was worried that it was going to be hard to manage everything. I was able to complete the assignments pretty quickly because I enjoyed doing them and it allowed me to think creatively.

3. I have definitely moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. You can see improvement throughout my posts and I have become more comfortable talking to strangers and sharing my ideas with them. Even though I will most likely not bring my idea to life, the communication and critical thinking skills that I have gained will be helpful in any business I wish to start.

4. I would recommend to future students to plan ahead in this course. You do not want to see Thursday night that you have to complete three interviews. I would also tell them to use this class to their advantage. If it is a week where you have 3 exams, then you can get away with doing the minimum requirements. However, if you have a lighter week, take the time to really put in 100% effort into the assignments and you will be surprised how much you grow as an entrepreneur. Also, do not be afraid to switch you business idea if you feel like it is not going anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eric, I completely agree about your advice to future students to not procrastinate and continuously plan ahead. I kept pace with the course and found that all my assignment days aligned with either other quiz dates or even exams dates. At one point I realized I had to do assignments weeks in advance to stay ahead and it worked. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric! I agree that my weaknesses were the cupcakes. I also watched the lectures and the times when I didn't pay 110% attention, I would not do as well. I also thought that my most formative experiences were the elevator pitches. It was great to see how far I had come and I see that you felt that as well. I also think planning ahead is important in this course. You cannot look at the assignments the night before, and sometimes not even 3 days before. You must be proactive with this course! I've loved following your business idea throughout the semester and will totally shop there if you ever make the store a reality!

    ReplyDelete