Friday, April 10, 2020

23A- Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

1. Creative marketing strategy that gives my new store a competitive advantage.
Valuable: This is my most valuable resource, I will give free groceries to  every 100th customer 
Rare: No other grocery store has this marketing strategy.
Inimitable: It is easy to copy, but most established grocery stores will not change their ways
Non-Substitutable: There are no other resources like this.

2. Multiple connections in the grocery supply business.
V: These people will help with my food supply and any questions I have about the industry.
R: It is rare to have connections with suppliers this early in the process.
I: This is easy to copy as every grocery store has suppliers.
N: My store will need to have multiple suppliers if I want great quality of all types of food.

3. Business education from a great university
V: The skills I learned studying business for four years will be helpful for building a business
R: This is relatively rare, there a lot of good schools out there, but University of Florida is among the best public schools.
I: This is not easy to copy because it is a four year education.
N: There are other resources like this because an education means nothing if you don't apply the skills you learned.

4. A strong elevator pitch that has gone through multiple rounds of feedback.
V: This is valuable because in order to get funding I will have to sell my idea to multiple investors.
R: This is not that rare because every good company has a strong elevator pitch.
I: This is hard to copy because it is very unique to my product.
N: There are no other resources like this.

5. A business plan I have worked on in this class.
V: This is valuable because I have thought about this company in many constructive ways that helped grow and develop ideas.
R: This is rare because a lot of people do not have this class to help grow their company. 
I: This is hard to copy because it is unique and focuses on fixing the weakness of your business idea.
N: There are not many resources like this. 

6. Determination 
V: This is very valuable because every entrepreneur needs determination.
R: This is not too rare because a lot of people have determination.
I: This is not hard to copy.
N: There are not many resources like this.

7. Passion for the food industry.
V: This is incredibly valuable because succeeding is a lot easier if you have passion for what you are doing.
R: This is not rare.
I: It is not easy to copy passion.
N: There are no other resources like it.

8. It will be an exciting place to grocery shop.
V: This is valuable because it will bring in a lot of customers who want the chance at winning free groceries.
R: This is very rare because people usually do not enjoy grocery shopping.
I: This is hard to copy.
N: This is similar to my first resource of my competitive advantage.

9. It is new
V: A new business can be flexible to customers and change things easily as they seem necessary.
R: It is rare because there are not many new grocery store out there and people may like trying something new.
I: This is not something that can be copied.
N: There are not any other resources like this.

10. Connections to people who work at other grocery stores.  
V: This is valuable because you want to know people in multiple areas of the industry.
R: This is not very rare but it is necessary.
I: This is not hard to copy.
N: This is similar to resource number 2.

My most important resource is my unique marketing strategy of giving away free groceries to every 1 in 100 customers that enter the store. Without this, I am not too different than any other grocery store.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eric!
    I think that all 10 of your resources will help you very much for your grocery store. I like that you used the elevator pitch as a resource. It truly shows that the work in this class can be used in the future and it showcases how much you have learned. I also love that you said that you had a passion for the food industry. I think that its a great resource to have when opening a grocery store and if you can know more about your products and be interested in it, that's always great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric, I think you did a great job analyzing what sets you apart from other entrepreneurs. Specifically, I liked how you gave homage of your business skill and education that you received here at the University of Florida, but especially when you said that it only matters if you actually apply what you learned. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric,
    I thought it was neat how you used your elevator pitch as a resource, that goes to show that you have actually gained knowledge from this class which is great! The idea of you giving away free groceries to every 1 in 100 customer is definitely what will set you apart from Walmart, Publix etc.

    ReplyDelete