Friday, February 28, 2020

14A- Halfway Reaction

1. To keep up with the requirements of this course I have had to make sure that I read the assignments about a week ahead of time. At first I did not do that and I had to rush through my interviews and was not able to take the time to make sure I interview the best people. Now I am able to plan farther ahead of time to see if it is a longer assignment.

2. One moment I felt like giving up was when I had three exams one week and three assignments to complete in this class. I thought about skipping some of the assignments and taking the hit on my grade but I decided to face the challenge of completing everything. I was able to time manage and stay focused in order to ensure that I do well on the exams and complete the assignments to the best of my ability. At the end of the week I was proud of my ability to accomplish all the tasks at a high level.

3. Tips for future students.

Tip #1- You get out of this class what you put in. You can pass this class by just doing the minimum requirements, but if you take the time to try your hardest your entrepreneurial skills will really grow.

Tip #2- Pay close attention to the lectures. A lot of times at UF the material does not seem to be applicable in your life so you focus on just getting good grades. If you pay attention to Dr. Pryor you will leave each class with life skills that will help grow your career.

Tip #3- Be creative. This is a time to think outside of the box and see if you can create something great. And if you have a few bad ideas, there are no consequences.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric! I agree with your post entirely and think that we share some of the same ideas. We both touched on how you need to look at assignments early, especially when interviews are assigned. That was hard for me to get used to at first because I am usually a procrastinator. This class has taught me how to lessen my procrastination and I really like that. I love that you pointed out that this class gives you what you put in. Especially with the assignments being graded on mostly participation, it is easy to slack off and do the bare minimum in this class. I totally agree that the more you put into the class, the more you will get out because I have learned to focus on this class a good amount each week and I feel like I am truly learning and have learned a lot. I also love that you told readers to be creative. Thinking outside the box is a key to being successful in this course! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric! I totally agree that this class helped me with my time management skills. Earlier I found myself waiting til the last minute to accomplish these blog posts and build up the courage to interview people around my area, but after the first two weeks I realized that I couldn't succeed with that mentality. I'm glad you figured it out too.

    ReplyDelete