Friday, February 7, 2020

8A- Solving the Problem

My selected opportunity is finding more environmentally friendly shipping practices. The most obvious one that comes to mind is finding electrically powered trucks so that the country can move away from our reliance on fossil fuels. My service would be owning electrically powered trucks that I rent out to larger companies that do a lot of shipping. For instance, if a company needed a large shipment sent from Florida to California, they can call my company and rent one of my trucks so that their long trip will be more energy efficient and less harmful for the environment. Clearly this idea has some questions that need to be answered. I am not sure how much money an electrical truck would cost, and how many trucks I would need to buy to make this business idea worth pursuing.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Eric! I think it is really interesting that you found this opportunity along the way of thinking of ideas. I’m assuming one of your mail goals in life is to help save the environment, and that’s awesome! I think that your trucks could be a great idea, but I agree that there are a lot of questions that should be answered before trying to pursue this opportunity. I am worried that the investment in this opportunity may not pay out for you, which may end in financial struggles. Of course, I hope not! This is just an interesting opportunity to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric, I think your idea is lovely, but the cost is a rather big concern. I think that wanted to cut down on fossil fuel consumption and CO2 production is an endearing thought, but you may need to partner with companies who are already producing and researching electrically powered trucks to get started like Dodge or even Tesla. Another Idea could be finding funding to build an electric powered train that runs throughout the country.

    ReplyDelete