Hello everyone, this is a list of 20 things that bug me. Under each bug is a reason why the bug exists.
1. People blasting their music in their cars for everyone on the road to hear, especially near my house at 3 am on a weekday.
-This exists because people like listening to loud music and want to share with the world the music they listen to.
2. Cleaning up after cooking a meal.
-This exists because cooking can be messy and it is unsanitary to have a dirty kitchen.
3. When my house has insects in it
-This exists because the house is in a wooded area.
4. Some classes have their assignments show up on the Canvas to do list and some don't.
-This exists because not every professor syncs their syllabus to canvas.
5. People who get too angry when driving.
-This exists because driving is a serious activity that can cause damage to others if done incorrectly.
6. Siri calling someone when I ask it for directions to some place.
-This exists because the technology is not as good as advertised.
7. When people bike in the middle of the road when there are sidewalks on the side with no people.
-This exists because the bikers are technically allowed to be on the road.
8. My computer always has trouble connecting to campus wifi.
-This is a technological problem.
9. Websites make you change your password and make it more complex so I forget my passwords.
-This exists because it is harder for people to steal passwords if you make it complicated
10. A waiter/waitress that disappears for 30 minutes.
-This can occur for many reasons, the person being bad at their job or they just simply forgot.
11. Exams that are scheduled for a Friday night at 8 p.m.
-I am not sure why professors do this, maybe there are not any other times to get classrooms but I find that hard to believe.
12. Explaining technology to an older person.
-This exists because it is hard for older people to learn new technology
13. Classes that make you research through scholarly articles when the information you need can be found with a simple google search.
-This exists because professors want to make sure that the information you are getting is 100 percent accurate.
14. People watching videos in public without headphones.
-Maybe people forget their headphones at home.
15. The line to get a PubSub at the Publix on 13th street is usually short but still takes forever.
-They take their time to make sure they make the perfect sandwich for everyone.
16. When the large shirt is too big, but the medium shirt is too small.
-Everyone fits into clothes differently.
17. Homeless people asking for money, especially when I give them money and then they buy cigarettes or alcohol right in front of me.
-There are many reasons why someone might be homeless and they need money to survive. Unfortunately, some spend the little money that they have on unneeded items like cigarettes.
18. There is no healthy food that is open late in Gainesville.
-Most people like eating fast food late at night instead of healthy food.
19. Exams where every question has a "None of the Above, All of the above, only B and C" option.
-Teachers try to make sure we understand the material as best as possible.
20. When my iPhone tells me the nearest gas station is in 20 miles and I pass one 1 minute later.
-The Maps app is not great at finding gas stations.
Reflection: It was not as difficult as I thought it would be to come up with the list. It was partly challenging because I tried to make it sound as though I was not complaining about other people. I tried to think of bugs that could somehow be fixed. I think writing why the bug exists is extremely helpful for thinking of potential solutions to the problem.
Hi Eric! I really like your “bug” list because almost all of them occur in my life throughout the week. Sadly, I feel like your 10th “bug” is a part of my daily lifestyle. Since I eat out a lot, I experience a ton of different waiters and waitresses. I always understand if they are busy and cannot come to my table as soon as I need them, but there have been so many instances where I have caught my waiter/waitress on their phone in the back of the restaurant. The way I see it, if someone is working a job, they should be paying all, or at least most, of their attention to completing the job. Your 18th “bug” is one of the most annoying things to me. Of course, it makes sense because people who eat healthy do not usually eat late at night, but when the options are so limited, fatty food is inevitable. Overall, great “bugs”. I enjoyed reading your list.
ReplyDeleteHey Eric, I really enjoyed reading your "bug list" and seemed to resonate with a lot of the things that bug you. Specifically the people blasting their car music outside of my house at 3am. My neighborhood resides close to a lot of off campus frat houses so this is a rather normal occurrence. My friend constantly suggests that I ask them to stop or call the police if the noise is really bad, but I tend to be very non-confrontational about these things. I also appreciate that I am not the only one that has a hard time connecting to the school's wifi. I recently went to the hub where they connected me to eduram wifi that seems to work a little better. Overall your "bug list" made me think about a lot of the inconveniences I also experience in my life and ways that I can counteract them.
ReplyDelete